Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Great News!

16 x 20"
oil on canvas
One of my professors suggested that I enter my portfolio for review for a scholarship based on talent not need. The suggestion alone was extremely flattering. Seriously, I thought I was in trouble when she called me out of class and into the hall. The faculty that reviewed the portfolios wanted to see what you had created while you had been at the university. My portfolio consisted of black and white photos, two sculptures of a seated figure, drawings, the painting shown above and several small paintings. 
I was awarded a very substantial scholarship! This painting and my extra large pen and ink drawing will hang in the Scholarship Show. One of those pieces will hang in the College of Liberal Arts office during the next academic year. 
It just goes to prove that you don't know what you can accomplish if you don't try! My art may of never earned me this much money if I had not been brave enough to go back to college at my age. Yes, I was extremely nervous about the entire process. But, I am learning so much and loving just about every minute of earning my Bachelors of Fine Art.

3 comments:

  1. How exciting! Congratulations on this wonderful news. That is so true-"you never know if you don't try". I am so proud of you! The large painting turned out really well-I remember when you posted the drawing a while back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW WONDERFUL!!!!! WOW!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!! It is so great to have your talent and hard work recognized and appreciated. And I love that they even do that, give scholarships based on talent instead of just need. I'm smiling ear to ear for you :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Patti